The 13th International Conference on High Energy Density Laboratory Astrophysics
HEDLA 2020 will be held at Instituto Superior Técnico in Lisbon (Portugal) on May 25th-29th, 2020. The most recent HEDLA meetings have been organized in Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan (HEDLA 2018 ) and at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in Menlo Park, California, USA (HEDLA 2016 ).
The following scientific topics will be the main focus of the conference:
- Dense Plasmas (EOS, warm dense matter, planetary interiors,...)
- Fluid and Collisional Plasmas (jets, turbulence, dynamos, instabilities,...)
- Transport and Atomic Processes (heat conduction, anomalous resistivity, diffusion, radiative transport, opacity, line shapes, photoionization,...)
- Collisionless Plasmas and Particle Acceleration (shocks, magnetic reconnection,...)
- New Frontiers (QED, pair plasmas, nuclear astrophysics, new experimental facilities, computing,...)
The conference registration fee will be €500 for researchers and faculty and €250 for students (early birds €450 and €225, respectively). Payment will be accepted on-site, however advanced payment for registration is strongly encouraged and will save time on the first day of the conference.
The abstract submission portal and more detailed information about the meeting will be soon available in this webpage.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at
hedla at tecnico.ulisboa.pt.
- Registration and abstract submission open: November 6th, 2019
- Abstract submission close: February 21st, 2020
- Early bird registration close: April 3rd, 2020
- Registration close: May 8th, 2020
- Conference: May 25th - 29th, 2020
Local Organising Committee
Luís O. Silva (Chair), Marta Fajardo (Co-Chair), Thomas Grismayer (Co-Chair), João M. Dias, Fábio Cruz, Ana L. Matias.